Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society (BPS) is Registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI 1860 and the Registration No of BPS is S-8683 (704). Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society is the officially recognized professional organization serving the Pharmacist community of Bangladesh, established in 1968 with the primary objectives of advancing the profession of pharmacy in Bangladesh and making the role of pharmacists effective and meaningful in formulating and implementing the National Health Programme. BPS is a member of International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) and Commonwealth Pharmacists Association (CPA). Since its inception in 1968, BPS is playing an active role in helping the government to adopt policies regarding drug and their uses. Representatives from BPS is always included in all bodies constitute by the Government to review and revise the drug policies. BPS also published the Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Journal, Pharmachronicle and National Formulary of Bangladesh.
- to work for the general advancement of Pharmacy including its application to practical problems;
- to promote and encourage research in different branches of Pharmacy;
- to train persons for the profession of Pharmacy in Bangladesh who will be at par with those in advanced countries, and to devise ways and means for the attainment of this ideal;
- to hold examinations under the society and to grant Certificates and Diplomas to properly qualified persons, and to obtain state recognition of such certificates and diplomas;
- to advise the Government to amend the Pharmacy Act according to the needs of the country at times when necessary;
- to organize excursions, field studies, conferences, symposia and seminars on subjects of pharmaceutical interests;
- to edit and publish proceedings, journals, books, magazines, documents, etc for the dissemination of knowledge of Pharmacy;
- to develop and extend international relations in the field of Pharmacy and to maintain contacts with foreign pharmaceutical organizations with similar objectives;
- to award research fellowships and grants-in-aid, scholarships, rewards, etc to deserving persons for research work in pharmacy; and
- to establish laboratories for the investigation and assay of drugs including indigenous drugs with a view to incorporating the useful ones in the Bangladesh Pharmacopoeia.
Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society an organization of the registered pharmacists of the country, established in 1972 with the primary objectives of advancing the profession of pharmacy in Bangladesh and making the role of pharmacists effective and meaningful in formulating and implementing the National Health Programme. The headquarters of the society is located in Dhaka.It is registered with the Societies Act 1860 having Regn. No. 3086.
BPS is affiliated with two International Organizations:
Membership for Bangladesh Pharmaceutical Society (BPS) is offered to persons who are registered pharmacists with “Grade A” registrations from the Pharmacy Council of Bangladesh to practice pharmacy. However, for new membership & its renewal fees as fixed by BPS is required.
Original/Provisional certificate of the “Grade A” pharmacist registration should be submitted along with the application form. Initial membership fee is Tk. 200.00 with an annual renewal fee of Tk. 100.00.