According to the Directorate General of Drug Administration (DGDA), there are 5 types of drug manufacturers in Bangladesh. These are Allopathic drug manufacturers, Ayurvedic drug manufacturers, Herbal drug manufacturers, Homeopathic & Biochemic drug manufacturers and Unani drug manufacturers.
There are 276 Allopathic drug manufacturers, 201 Ayurvedic drug manufacturers, 32 Herbal drug manufacturers, 41 Homeopathic & Biochemic drug manufacturers and 271 Unani drug manufacturers are listed in the DGDA. Most of them are functional but very few are non-functional and/or suspended. In addition to these, there are also so many companies who are also dealing pharmaceutical products. They have no own manufacturing license or unit but they are mainly marketing/distributing the pharmaceuticals by contract manufacturing and/or importing. The list of all types of pharmaceuticals is as below:
- Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- D16 Pharma & Biotec Ltd.
- Deep-Laid Pharmaco Ltd.
- Hamdard Laboratories (WAQF) Bangladesh
- Incepta Herbal & Nutricare Ltd.
- Incepta Hygiene & Hospicare Ltd.
- Incepta Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Incepta Vaccine Ltd.
- Large Pharma (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Square Cephalosporins Ltd.
- Square Formulations Ltd.
- Square Herbal & Neutraceuticals Ltd.
- Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Zuellig Pharma Bangladesh Ltd.